What is JA?
Junior Achievement of South Florida was founded locally in 1959 by the Fort Lauderdale Rotary Club and served just 373 high school students during its first year. Programs now span grades K-12, with age-appropriate curricula designed to teach elementary students about their roles as individuals, workers, and consumers and to prepare middle grade and high school students for key economic and workforce issues they will face. Junior Achievement programs reached over 48,000 Broward and south Palm Beach County students during the 2014-2015 school year.
Our Core Purpose
To inspire and prepare youth to succeed in a global economy.
JA's Educational Focus centers around:
- Financial Literacy
- Workplace readiness
Our Core Values
- Belief in the boundless potential of young people.
- Commitment to the principles of market-based economics and entrepreneurship.
- Passion for what we do, and honesty, integrity, and excellence in how we do it.
- Respect for the talents, creativity, perspectives, and backgrounds of all individuals.
- Belief in the power of partnership and collaboration.
- Conviction in the educational and motivational impact of relevant, hands-on learning.
Interested in volunteering with Junior Achievement? Click here to get started!
Interested in bringing JA to your classroom? Click here for educator information!
Take a moment to explore the various programs available through Junior Achievement and decide which one is best for you and your students.
Junior Achievement will provide as many students with pragmatic educational experiences for as long as we are able. Help us continue this legacy by lending your financial support to JA.